- 500 g Good quality beef mince
- 5 tbsp Seasoning 2
- 1 jar Good quality passata
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 10-20 fresh basil leaves ripped or chopped
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g spaghetti
1. Pre heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan
2. Add the mince to a bowl with seasoning two, and mix so it’s well incorporated. The more you squeeze and mash the mince, the more tender the meatballs will be.
3. Roll the mince mixture into about 15-20 §§meatballs, allowing about 5 per portion
4. Put the rolled balls into a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, shake to coat and roast for 20-30 minutes until browned.
5. Meanwhile make the sauce. Slice the onion and carrot.
6. Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan and add the carrot, onion and crushed garlic to the pan and gently fry until softened, approxinmately 5 minutes
7. Pour in the passata, bring to the boil and then simmer for 15- 20 minutes until it has slightly thickened. Stir in the basil
8. Spoon the sauce and meatballs over the cooked spaghetti and serve with extra basil leaves, and some parmesan if feeling indulgent.
For best results, ask your butcher to freshly grind beef for you, or do it yourself at home.